Welcome to our community!
I’m Dr Charles Fishman, author of the book ‘Enduring Change in Eating Disorders’
With over 30 years experience specialising in Intensive Structural Therapy, I run an eating disorder clinic in Auckland, New Zealand.
This website is intended both to educate and to support people with eating disorders to stay well.
Better relationships mean less stress, means you stay in control of your life.
We are the only clinic specialising in Intensive Structural Therapy in New Zealand which:
- Treats individual and influential members
- Assesses pressures in the individual’s life
- Addresses dysfunctional patterns for example with therapeutic lunch sessions
- Sets new patterns for the family
- Ends therapy when new patterns set not just the individual stopping their behaviour
Charles Fishman is the Director for NZEDS. As a highly regarded specialist in Intensive Structural Therapy he has presented widely internationally on eating disorders, including at the Royal College of Psychiatrists (UK) and Harvard University (US).
In 2011, Dr Fishman was appointed Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Hawai’i John A. Burns School of Medicine.